Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Communication

Communication is important because we may have to convey messages from one another in this fast-paced society of ours. if we cannot even express ourselves to other people, how can we make them appreciate what we are trying to do? Without communication, the world would be like a ghost town, with everyone living in solitude. That is why communication is so important.

Of course, there are various forms of communication we can choose from. But my personal favorite is by email. Emails are usually free of charge, and messages travel very fast across the globe. The recipient would probably receive the message 2 seconds after it is sent, compared to sending letters by post as it would take 2 weeks.

To deal with different situations, different forms of communication is required. For instant, if it is someone overseas whom you want to communicate with, the email is preferred over a call on the telephone as overseas phone calls can be very expensive, especially if they are used frequently.

Some difficulties I face when communicating with others is that I think people do not know what I am trying to say, perhaps because I speak in Singlish most of the time and I always do not seem to be serious. But I think I should speak more proper English so I would be easier to understand.


No comments:

Post a Comment